Here is the link to the YouTube video of our vacation from last year. Join us on this journey down the Mother Road and see the places you don’t normally see.
The run time is 37 minutes
2016 Vacation – Route 66 & Grand Canyon
Many photographers give a CD with a print release, many do not.
There are many reasons on both sides of the argument. Let’s start with why many don’t offer a CD. Continue reading “Can I get a CD with a print release…..”
Hello and welcome,
I created this website to share my love of photography with others, and to take you on the journeys to places that are unique.
This website will feature several different things:
- Photos of events and clients that I have shot – Click Here
- Photos of places I have been to and the experiences I have had traveling – Look for the category of Road Trips.
- Instructional and informative posts on photography, travel and product reviews – Photo Tips and Instructions.
- My general ramblings.
Continue reading “Welcome”
Many of you who know me know that I like to travel and shoot photos when I do so. Many of you do too; but how do you stay organized when traveling? Keeping track of where photos were taken, not loosing your files, etc.. Continue reading “I’m a Travelin… Keeping organized”
Ok, so you shoot a lot of photos, you think you do pretty good with managing your files. I thought I did too. Continue reading “File management – keep those files in order”
The Jolly Fat Man is preparing to make his rounds and shimmy down the chimneys; but first he is stopping by for a photo shoot.
Continue reading “Santa Claus is coming to town…….”
Since I have started out doing this photography thing, I have been trying to find something that works. My goals are simple:
- Have Fun – after all if you don’t love what you do, your customers will notice. It has been fun photographing families, seniors, pets and nature
- Be Affordable / Be Profitable – While charging $400 a session and including all the edited images and a print release sounds excessive, shooting for a $40 session fee an hoping for people to purchase prints is not providing a profit; which is necessary.
- Expand my education – I am going to be taking more education opportunities to increase my knowledge and style for my photography
I am going to be changing my pricing to start including more options rather than the AlaCarte pricing structure that I have been doing.
So on June 18, we did our first studio shoot!
The studio is amazing, it is awesome!!! There is no way I would ever be able to afford to setup my own place to shoot, especially seeing as I would have to be booked every waking hour to be able to make any money doing it.
Check out these videos that I shot while we were there.
This is a quick walk around of Studio A that we shot in, there are 3 studios and each are different in their own way too.
These are some of the finished photos:
Continue reading “At the studio”
I have been doing some reflecting and thinking about what I would like to do.
As many of you know, I have had a mobile DJ business since 2001 and I think the DJ thing is still viable, as is the photobooth and event photography.
I have been focusing mainly on landscape and nature photography, as they don’t complain and really you don’t have to tell a barn or waterfall to turn one way or the other.
I have been apprehensive about doing portrait work and am still not anywhere comfortable for once in a lifetime photos like Weddings, but I do think I am going to start doing portraits. Starting with family and seniors. Just want to keep it small and simple. I have a good camera, and gear and know how to use it too.
I have toured a studio that rents out in the Upper Arlington / Grandview area in Columbus and this place is AWESOME!! It is affordable to rent, which makes me able to offer affordable sessions. It is also well set up with lighting and scenery as well as props too.
My first sessions are on June 18, and are $20 for 20 minutes and an 8×10 unit. If you would like to book with me Click here to book (opens in new tab)